|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 3:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 12:59 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A road construction worker was struck and seriously injured by a semitrailer on Interstate 75 north of Tampa.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that 26-year-old Jesus L. Gonzales was working in the inside northbound lanes early Friday morning when the truck driver, 34-year-old Antonio L. Graham, hit his brakes, causing the trailer to swerve. It went into the inside lane, where it hit Gonzales.
The worker was flown to a Tampa hospital, where he was listed in serious but stable condition.
Graham was cited with failure to use due care.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft