|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 5:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 2:09 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Protestors are gathering outside Planned Parenthood in Collier County. Monday marks the one year anniversary of the clinic performing abortions.
More than 200 people were there Monday morning chanting, praying and holding signs. Many of the protestors are from the religious community of Ave Maria.
Planned Parenthood told WINK they choose to offer abortions to ensure women have full access to reproductive healthcare.
Planned Parenthood performed 409 abortions in the past year. That's part of the 11,000 services they provided to patients.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects