LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The State Department of Environmental Protection said workers did not find asbestos on the north side of the Summerlin flyover project, but they may have found a few more traces of asbestos on the south side of College.
That's where the contractor, Posen Construction, was forced to dig up and remove tons of dirt.
The discovery of additional traces of contamination have not delayed work on the project.
The DEP is waiting for test results on the additional soil samples.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Standing room only at 2013 Hurricane Expo
- Start your engines!
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th