|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 8:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 5:27 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The State Department of Environmental Protection said workers did not find asbestos on the north side of the Summerlin flyover project, but they may have found a few more traces of asbestos on the south side of College.
That's where the contractor, Posen Construction, was forced to dig up and remove tons of dirt.
The discovery of additional traces of contamination have not delayed work on the project.
The DEP is waiting for test results on the additional soil samples.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.