|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 4:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 1:15 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida man reportedly stole a sport utility vehicle while the owner hung from the roof.
Police say the owner was playing chess at an Orlando community center Friday afternoon when 20-year-old Mazzard McMillian climbed into the SUV, which had the keys in the ignition.
The owner ran over and tried to get in, but McMillian reportedly locked the doors. Police say the owner then climbed on the roof while McMillian hit the gas.
Minutes later, McMillian ran a red light and crashed into a pickup truck, throwing the owner about 100 feet. The extent of his injuries wasn't known.
McMillian fled on foot, but was eventually caught by police. He was charged with attempted murder, robbery, grand theft and resisting an officer without violence. He was being held without bail.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash