|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 4:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 1:20 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - St. Petersburg Police are investigating after an officer shot and killed two dogs in an attempt to break up a dog fight.
Officer Slobodan Juric was called about a suspicious person Sunday night. As he questioned neighbors, two dogs on leashes attacked another dog that was not on a leash. Police said the dog owners tried to separate the dogs, but couldn't. Juric fired four times, killing a Rottweiler and a Chesapeake Bay retriever.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull