|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 4:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 1:20 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - St. Petersburg Police are investigating after an officer shot and killed two dogs in an attempt to break up a dog fight.
Officer Slobodan Juric was called about a suspicious person Sunday night. As he questioned neighbors, two dogs on leashes attacked another dog that was not on a leash. Police said the dog owners tried to separate the dogs, but couldn't. Juric fired four times, killing a Rottweiler and a Chesapeake Bay retriever.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico