|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 8:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 5:47 PM EDT|
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Delray Beach police reportedly shot a man during a raid on a suspected crack house.
Police say the SWAT team was executing a warrant at a known drug den Monday morning, located less than a block from a little league field and playground. Officers reported a man inside cooking crack. Cash and packaged drugs were also found.
When officers ordered a man in bed to get on the ground, police say he reached for a gun, and the SWAT team leader shot him in the right shoulder.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital. His wound was not considered life-threatening.
Police have no identified the officer who fired the gun or either the two suspects.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified