|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 11:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 8:54 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A North Fort Myers neighborhood is underwater after heavy rains.
Neighbors off Nalle Grade Road near Bayshore Blvd. say it happens every year, but now it's different. Front yards look more like lakes, and they've been wading through it for a week now.
More than half a dozen people called the county today alone. But the county says most of the homes are private property on a private road, and there's not much officials can do to help.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Winter weather causes delays, cancellations at RSW
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner