|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 4:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 1:12 PM EDT|
CALLAHAN, Fla. (AP) - A Nassau County deputy fatally shot a north Florida man during a traffic stop.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement reports that the deputy pulled over a motorcycle carrying two men in Callahan Saturday night. The deputy fatally shot one of the men, Franklin Bodden.
The sheriff's office reports that the second man, Anthony Michael Weeks, was arrested and charged with possessing drugs without a prescription and another resisting an officer without violence. He was being held on $17,500 bail.
The FDLE typically investigates when officers use deadly force.
It wasn't clear what prompted the shooting.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis