|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 4:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 1:12 PM EDT|
CALLAHAN, Fla. (AP) - A Nassau County deputy fatally shot a north Florida man during a traffic stop.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement reports that the deputy pulled over a motorcycle carrying two men in Callahan Saturday night. The deputy fatally shot one of the men, Franklin Bodden.
The sheriff's office reports that the second man, Anthony Michael Weeks, was arrested and charged with possessing drugs without a prescription and another resisting an officer without violence. He was being held on $17,500 bail.
The FDLE typically investigates when officers use deadly force.
It wasn't clear what prompted the shooting.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school
- It's almost time to 'spring forward'