|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 4:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 1:05 PM EDT|
LARGO, Fla. (AP) - Two young girls were hospitalized the same day after being attacked by dogs in separate incidents.
A 9-year-old girl was bitten on both shoulders Friday evening when she tried to protect her pet Chihuahua from a pit bull. Largo police say the girl's wounds were severe. Her condition wasn't immediately available.
Less than an hour earlier, just a few miles away, a Rottweiler bit a 12-year-old girl who had been playing in the street in front of the dog's house. The owner had let the animal out in the backyard without realizing the gate was open. The girl was bitten on the wrist, back and lower abdomen.
Pinellas County Animal Services took both animals into custody.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog