|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 4:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 1:05 PM EDT|
LARGO, Fla. (AP) - Two young girls were hospitalized the same day after being attacked by dogs in separate incidents.
A 9-year-old girl was bitten on both shoulders Friday evening when she tried to protect her pet Chihuahua from a pit bull. Largo police say the girl's wounds were severe. Her condition wasn't immediately available.
Less than an hour earlier, just a few miles away, a Rottweiler bit a 12-year-old girl who had been playing in the street in front of the dog's house. The owner had let the animal out in the backyard without realizing the gate was open. The girl was bitten on the wrist, back and lower abdomen.
Pinellas County Animal Services took both animals into custody.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.