|Published:||Sep 12, 2010 4:39 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 12, 2010 1:39 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Fort Myers Police detectives are investigating a robbery and shooting that happened at 3555 Seminole Avenue Saturday night.
Police received the call about the robbery at 9:56 p.m.
They say two people inside an apartment went outside to shake out a blanket. When they walked outside, they were met by two people holding a gun pointed at the victims. The suspects pushed the victims inside the apartment. A struggle ensued and a single shot was fired. Police say the suspects then grabbed the woman's purse and took off in a car.
Police chased the car a short distance before they say they were able to stop and apprehend one suspect. They say they saw him throw out a gun and a purse that they later found contained the victim's I.D.
Police are still searching for a second suspect.
Police say no one was struck by the shot fired. The victims suffered what they characterized as "bumps and bruises" from the struggle.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling