|Published:||Sep 10, 2010 8:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2010 4:50 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla - Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested Shane Allan Burchell of Grove City, after he was broke into, and was burglarizing a home at on Annapolis Lane, Rotonda West early Friday morning.
CCSO received a call from an alert neighbor who heard glass breaking, got up, went to his front door, and saw a bicycle in the side yard. He then noticed the bathroom light on in his neighbor's house and saw a silhouette of someone moving around. The neighbor who watches the home for the owner who is up north, called CCSO at 12:06 a.m.; two deputies responded.
One road deputy covered the front while the other went to the rear of the home. Numerous announcements were made for the person inside to come out with their hands up; they got no response. A deputy then shouted that the home was surrounded and a K9 unit was on the way. At that time, deputies heard Burchell say, "I'm coming out, I'm showing my hands."
When Burchell was searched they found several pair of rubber gloves in his pockets, two bracelets, a watch and necklace. Also confiscated were his bicycle and a black hoodie. Burchell was transported to the Charlotte County Jail and charged with Burglary and Possession of Burglary Tools. This is Burchell's ninth booking with 14 records.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school