|Published:||Sep 09, 2010 3:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
LAKE MARY, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida woman was charged with driving under the influence after reportedly crashing her car in the parking lot of a Seminole County school.
Police say 43-year-old Renee A. Godby was in the Lake Mary Elementary School parking lot Tuesday afternoon when she rear-ended the vehicle in front of her. An officer questioning Godby about the crash reported her speech was slurred and her coordination seemed impaired. Her blood-alcohol level was recorded at .326 and .329 percent. Florida law considers a driver impaired at .08.
Godby was taken to a nearby hospital as a precaution against alcohol poisoning. She was then transported to the Seminole County jail and later released.
Police say no children were in Godby's car at the time of the crash.
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week