WASHINGTON - The State Department has now issued a travel alert to warn US citizens of the potential for anti-American demonstrations in many countries in response to the planned burning of the Quran.
American living or traveling abroad are being encouraged to register with the nearest US embassy in order to receive updated information on travel and security.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading