|Published:||Sep 09, 2010 4:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2010 1:02 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - The 15-year-old Florida boy charged with stomping the head of a teenage girl and nearly killing her has a growing list of supporters on the Facebook social networking site.
The Wayne Treacy Support Group has about 100 members, including some from foreign countries. Most say they don't condone what Treacy allegedly did to 15-year-old Josie Lou Ratley. But many say he deserves a second chance in life and shouldn't be tried as an adult.
Treacy is charged with attempted first-degree murder in the March 17 attack. Ratley suffered brain damage and has been undergoing therapy to relearn basic skills.
Treacy is scheduled to undergo a psychiatric evaluation. His attorney Russell Williams says he may present an insanity defense.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school