|Published:||Sep 09, 2010 4:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2010 1:03 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A man accused of hitting at least five children with the flat side of a machete is being held in the Palm Beach County Jail on six charges of aggravated child abuse and neglect.
A judge ordered 29-year-old Miky Tanguy Sinaise to be ordered held in lieu of $60,000 bail Wednesday. He also can't have any contact with the children, ranging in age from 8 months to 8 years old. Jail records do not list an attorney.
A sheriff's office report says Sinaise admitted to hitting the children because he was stressed out and "he knew he went too far with the discipline."
Authorities went to his home Tuesday afternoon after being contacted by his wife. The children had bruises on their backs and chest.
Sinaise is the father of all but the oldest child.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble