|Published:||Sep 09, 2010 4:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2010 1:03 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A man accused of hitting at least five children with the flat side of a machete is being held in the Palm Beach County Jail on six charges of aggravated child abuse and neglect.
A judge ordered 29-year-old Miky Tanguy Sinaise to be ordered held in lieu of $60,000 bail Wednesday. He also can't have any contact with the children, ranging in age from 8 months to 8 years old. Jail records do not list an attorney.
A sheriff's office report says Sinaise admitted to hitting the children because he was stressed out and "he knew he went too far with the discipline."
Authorities went to his home Tuesday afternoon after being contacted by his wife. The children had bruises on their backs and chest.
Sinaise is the father of all but the oldest child.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel