|Published:||Sep 09, 2010 3:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2010 12:59 PM EDT|
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - U.S. Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis is planning to be in central Florida attending various events hoping to promote job growth.
Solis will tour an employment center in Kissimmee on Thursday morning. She will meet with job counselors and area residents who are leveraging the center's services to find jobs or transition to new careers.
The secretary also will be in Melbourne afterward to attend the National Farmworker Jobs and Education Program's annual conference and staff development workshop. The conference is hosted by the Adult Migrant Program and Services Section within the Florida Department of Education.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing