|Published:||Sep 09, 2010 3:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2010 12:38 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Republican Party has picked Jacksonville City Councilman Daniel Davis to replace Jennifer Carroll in the state House.
Carroll, who lives in Fleming Island, is giving up her legislative seat to run for lieutenant governor as GOP
gubernatorial candidate Rick Scott's running mate.
The party Wednesday announced that six members of the Republican State Executive Committee from Duval and Clay counties selected Davis, who is director of the Northeast Florida Builders Association.
He'll represent District 13, which includes parts of the two counties, without appearing on the Nov. 2 ballot because Carroll had been unopposed for re-election.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end