|Published:||Sep 09, 2010 4:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2010 1:05 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Two South Florida insurance executives have been charged with eight first-degree felony counts each after an extensive fraud investigation.
Florida Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink announced the arrests Wednesday of Luis M. Espinosa and Rene M. Cambert.
They are charged with filing false or misleading financial statements for First Commercial Insurance Co. and an affiliate with the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation.
Espinosa was president and CEO of the companies. Cambert was vice president and chief operating officer. The two companies were ordered into receivership for liquidation last year.
Each felony count carries a maximum sentence of 30 years in prison.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash