|Published:||Sep 08, 2010 4:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2010 1:17 PM EDT|
FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A Panhandle sheriff has demoted his undersheriff after the man requested and received an unusual late-night hearing to secure his son's quick release from jail on a misdemeanor battery warrant.
The Northwest Florida Daily News reported that Walton County Sheriff Mike Adkinson demoted Bill Chapman to major after Chapman arranged the 11 p.m. first-appearance hearing for Greg Chapman earlier this month.
Chapman wrote a letter to sheriff's office employees apologizing for allowing a personal issue to interfere with is judgment.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space