|Published:||Sep 08, 2010 11:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2010 8:02 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Rosh Hashanah is the celebration of the Jewish new year. It begins at sunset, and for some students in Collier County, that means having to choose between Temple and school events.
A few weeks ago, the school district decided not to close schools for the Jewish holidays, leaving many families are not pleased.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis