|Published:||Sep 08, 2010 9:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2010 6:05 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla. - A prominent Punta Gorda community leader was found dead at his home last night. According to police 66 year old Hugh "Sandy" MacGibbon III committed suicide.
Officers are not releasing any more information at this time.
MacGibbon was a former Punta Gorda city council member and planning commission chairman.
He is also co-creator of the annual freedom swim in Punta Gorda.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges