|Published:||Sep 08, 2010 3:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2010 12:51 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - An Orlando-area high school student collapsed on a football field during practice and later died.
The 15-year-old Wekiva High School student was taken Tuesday to a nearby hospital, where he later died.
His name has not been released yet.
A pep rally that had been scheduled for an upcoming Wekiva High football game against Apopka High School was canceled.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft