|Published:||Sep 08, 2010 4:20 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2010 1:20 AM EDT|
AVE MARIA, Fla. - A whole sisterhood of nuns is forced to leave Ave Maria after the school confirms their superior had a sexual relationship with one of the female students at the university.
The Ave Herald identifies her as Sister Maria Elena. She is from the Hogar de la Madre Order.
For a number of years the Sisters have run the discernment center for women students interested in the religious life.
In a statement from the University, the school administration didn't know why the nun was called back to Spain in March of this year. It wasn't until last week Bishop Dewane of the Diocese of Venice told the university what was going on in order for school administration to determine if there were any other victims.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing