|Published:||Sep 08, 2010 4:20 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2010 1:20 AM EDT|
AVE MARIA, Fla. - A whole sisterhood of nuns is forced to leave Ave Maria after the school confirms their superior had a sexual relationship with one of the female students at the university.
The Ave Herald identifies her as Sister Maria Elena. She is from the Hogar de la Madre Order.
For a number of years the Sisters have run the discernment center for women students interested in the religious life.
In a statement from the University, the school administration didn't know why the nun was called back to Spain in March of this year. It wasn't until last week Bishop Dewane of the Diocese of Venice told the university what was going on in order for school administration to determine if there were any other victims.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference