|Published:||Sep 08, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2010 5:15 PM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A Pensacola man has been sentenced to life in prison for fatally shooting a man during a drug deal.
An Escambia County jury found 20-year-old Kenneth Eriby guilty Friday of first-degree murder. He was sentenced immediately after that. Prosecutors were not seeking the death penalty.
Authorities say 28-year-old Arthur James Roland was found shot to death, slumped over his steering wheel in October 2008.
Witnesses testified that Eriby, armed with a pistol, said he was going to rob a drug dealer.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home