|Published:||Sep 08, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2010 5:15 PM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A Pensacola man has been sentenced to life in prison for fatally shooting a man during a drug deal.
An Escambia County jury found 20-year-old Kenneth Eriby guilty Friday of first-degree murder. He was sentenced immediately after that. Prosecutors were not seeking the death penalty.
Authorities say 28-year-old Arthur James Roland was found shot to death, slumped over his steering wheel in October 2008.
Witnesses testified that Eriby, armed with a pistol, said he was going to rob a drug dealer.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan