|Published:||Sep 08, 2010 3:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Hernando County jail inmate has died after having a seizure.
The sheriff's Office reports that jail deputies spotted 37-year-old Edward A. Thomas Monday afternoon suffering from what appeared to be a seizure. A nurse at the facility responded to the inmate's cell, where she found him awake and responsive.
Officials called paramedics after Thomas reportedly began to have trouble breathing. Thomas collapsed as he was leaving his cell to go with paramedics. He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced death.
Records show Thomas had been booked into jail Friday for failure to pay court-ordered child support.
An autopsy will determine the cause of death.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting