|Published:||Sep 08, 2010 10:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2010 6:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Two local moms are shaving their heads to raise cancer awareness.
Monique Whan and Mimi Avery were part of the group "46 Mommas" that shaved their heads Tuesday in Hollywood.
Highlights of the event will be shown on the national televised "Stand Up 2 Cancer" special Friday night.
Both Monique and Mimi lost their sons to cancer... and both say they are determined to help find a cure.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans