|Published:||Sep 08, 2010 10:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2010 6:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Two local moms are shaving their heads to raise cancer awareness.
Monique Whan and Mimi Avery were part of the group "46 Mommas" that shaved their heads Tuesday in Hollywood.
Highlights of the event will be shown on the national televised "Stand Up 2 Cancer" special Friday night.
Both Monique and Mimi lost their sons to cancer... and both say they are determined to help find a cure.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students