|Published:||Sep 07, 2010 6:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 07, 2010 3:02 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - A Charlotte County Sheriff’s road patrol deputy arrested a Port Charlotte man after he fled from his pickup Saturday at 2 a.m. After his capture, deputies found 242 grams of marijuana, Xanax, and other related drug items in the truck.
The deputy responded to a call of a man slumped over the steering wheel in a pickup at 4425 Ganyard St., Port Charlotte. Upon arrival the deputy shook Daniel Jacob Dunn, 21, 3740 Easy St., until he finally woke up. A strong odor of marijuana was detective coming from the pickup.
A CCSO K9 unit was called to search around the vehicle and the dog alerted for the presence of drugs. Dunn got out of the vehicle and fled causing a foot chase then being tackled by the K9 officer at 4392 Harper Ave. A search of the Toyota pickup found three plastic baggies with the marijuana behind the driver’s seat. Under the seat in an unlocked lockbox was a digital scale, several clear plastic bags, a bag of Xanax pills, and $400 cash.
Dunn was charged with Sale and Delivery of Marijuana, Possession of Xanax, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Resisting an Officer. He was transported to the Charlotte County Jail and posted a $7,000 bond. Dunn is a convicted felon. He was arrested Aug. 25 on four other drug charges and bonded out. If you have information about illegal drug activity, please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Whales stranded in Fla.: From despair to optimism
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school