|Published:||Sep 07, 2010 6:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 07, 2010 3:02 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - The State Fire Marshal's office is investigating a fire that ripped through a Lehigh Acres home. It broke out just before 11 p.m. Monday on Gifford ave.
Nobody was home at the time. The homeowner is in West Virginia and says her grandson that has been staying there was arrested last week. Neighbors say they haven't seen anyone there for weeks but admit to seeing suspicious activity at the home in the past and started a neighborhood watch.
It isn't clear what caused the fire but investigators believe it started in a back room.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect