|Published:||Sep 07, 2010 8:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 07, 2010 5:25 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Detectives of the Charlotte County Sheriff's Narcotics Unit this morning arrested Alexander M. Herring, 30, Port Charlotte, after an undercover purchase of Oxycodone pills.
Narcotics detectives said they made the purchase in front of a home in the 800 block on North Spring Lake Blvd. Once the transaction was completed, Narcotics and Street Crimes units moved in and arrested Herring. He was transported to the Charlotte County Jail on charges of Sale and Delivery of Oxycodone, and Possession of Oxycodone.
Bond was set at $7,500. Herring was arrested on three drug charges Mar. 3 of this year; this is his fifth booking into the County Jail.
If you have information about illegal drug activity, please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Man allegedly shoots at family, barricades himself in house
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News