|Published:||Sep 06, 2010 6:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 06, 2010 3:19 PM EDT|
BREVARD COUN TY, Fla - Authorities have identified the deputy accused in a deadly pedestrian accident in Brevard County.
Deputy Vincent Marino-Vitane was driving a marked patrol car early Monday morning when the deputy struck the unidentified victim.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the 38-year-old woman from Cocoa was not in a crosswalk and walked directly into the path of the patrol car.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. The sheriff's deputy was not injured.
The crash remains under investigation.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer