|Published:||Sep 05, 2010 5:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 05, 2010 2:37 PM EDT|
MIAMI, Fla. - Senate candidate Marco Rubio's father has died after a long illness. He was 83.
Rubio's father died at a Miami hospital Saturday night. He suffered from emphysema and lung cancer.
On Friday Rubio canceled a debate with Democrat Kendrick Meek because of his father's declining health. Meek says political differences take a back seat to caring for family.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record