|Published:||Sep 05, 2010 8:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 05, 2010 5:39 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla. - The Medical Examiner is investigating how a man in his 60's drowned off Sanibel Island on Sunday afternoon.
Witnesses say he was floating in the water for awhile before anyone realized he was in trouble.
Firefighters administered CPR but the man did not survive. No one knows how long he was out in the water or if the current played a part in his death.
"We came by boat. The current was ripping through here, we had a hard time getting out here, it was over our head," said beachgoer Stephanie Cross.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend