|Published:||Sep 04, 2010 8:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 04, 2010 5:34 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - NBC's "Meet The Press" has canceled Sunday's debate between U.S. Senate candidates Kendrick Meek and former Florida House Speaker Marco Rubio after Rubio dropped out.
In a statement Friday, Rubio said his 83-year-old father's health has "significantly deteriorated" and he planned to stay with his family during this time. The Republican's father, Mario, suffers from emphysema and lung cancer.
Rubio's campaign said they notified Meek and would like to reschedule the debate.
Fla. Gov. Charlie Crist, who is running as an independent, declined to participate in the debate. Meek is a Democrat.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration