|Published:||Sep 03, 2010 5:44 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 03, 2010 12:50 AM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE, Fla. - The continued search for arsonists in Golden Gate.
Four suspicious fires, all within a mile of eachother, have neighbors wanting answers from fire officials. They got their opportunity at a community service meeting Thursday night.
Residents from Painted Leaf Lane and Cooper Leaf Lane shared a lot of information of suspicious activity they've seen lately at the meeting. Most of is was in regards to unknown cars in the neighborhood.
The Sheriff's Office also confirmed a resident on Painted Leaf Lane called in about two boys hiding in the woods shortly before nine Wednesday night.
What homeowners didn't get was information on any leads, something many of them expected since it's an ongoing investigation.
What's now creating anxiety for residents is the holiday weekend. Many expressed concern over leaving town in fear the arsonists may strike again.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified