|Published:||Sep 03, 2010 3:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 03, 2010 12:45 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Coral Police Officer Philip Mullen was injured this evening in a traffic accident at Embers Parkway and NW 13th Place.
At 8:06 p.m., Cape Police and Fire units responded to a 911 call reporting an accident involving a Cape Coral police cruiser. Officer Mullen was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital as a trauma alert.
The Florida Highway Patrol will be conducting the accident investigation. Additional details will be provided by FHP.
Officer Mullen works in the North District, Platoon 4, and has been with the Cape Coral Police Department since December 2007.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders