|Published:||Sep 02, 2010 8:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 02, 2010 5:29 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Thursday a plea of guilty was entered by defendant Reginald McKinnon in Lee County court for the charge of Leaving a Child Unattended in a Vehicle Causing Great Bodily Injury, a third degree felony.
He was sentenced to five years probation and as a condition must serve 20 community service hours. He must use that time to speak to parenting or pre-natal classes about the tragic event. Judge Margaret Steinbeck withheld adjudication as agreed on by the parties.
Assistant State Attorney Francine Donnorummo who prosecuted the case said, "Obviously the real punishment to Mr. McKinnon was the loss of his daughter. This resolution and the requirement for Mr. McKinnon to relate this to parents and expecting parents may help prevent similar tragedies in the future."
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle