|Published:||Sep 02, 2010 4:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 02, 2010 1:29 AM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE ESTATES, Fla. - It's any animal owner's worst nightmare. Watching another dog maul your dog right in front of you. The nightmare became a reality for a Golden Gate Estates man. Now, he's hoping a lesson can be learned.
Elliot Cortes tells WINK News an American bulldog came from five houses away into his property Tuesday.
Cortes says the bulldog chased his teacup Chihuahua, Chloe, under a van before getting a hold of it in it's teeth, and then carrying Chloe back to it's house.
By the time Cortes could run to the neighbor's house Chloe was already dead.
The owners of the bulldog didn't want to talk to us, but Collier County Domestic Animal Services says the dog was surrendered and euthanized Wednesday.
Cortes says the neighbors told him the bulldog escaped from their half open garage. He's hoping this teaches owners to properly secure their dogs.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday