|Published:||Sep 02, 2010 2:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 11:20 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla .- Some Cape Coral city officials want to question new city manager, Gary King, about his decision to hire two new contractors. The positions were created by King to help optimize the city's public works department and to organize the city's fleet of vehicles. The jobs pay 39 dollars per hour and some question the high paying positions when the city is in the midst of a budget crisis as well as a hiring freeze for regular full time jobs.
Also in question, whether the two men got the jobs because of "who they know". The city's newest employees have strong ties to Cape Coral Mayor, John Sullivan.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools