|Published:||Sep 02, 2010 7:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 02, 2010 4:56 PM EDT|
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are questioning a man who was allegedly cutting off the tail of a whale on a South Florida beach.
It's unclear whether the man fished the whale out of the water Thursday morning and then began hacking into it or whether the whale was already dead.
Delray Beach Ocean Rescue official James Scala said he doesn't know what kind of whale it is, but said it's between 10 and 12-feet long.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- It's almost time to 'spring forward'
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool