|Published:||Sep 02, 2010 11:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 02, 2010 8:08 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A Cape Coral veteran is starting a grassroots campaign to help a local soldier.
Vietnam vet, Bruce Millier is starting the Get Well Card Project.
He's trying to get as many get well cards and notes of support to send to Corey Kent.
Private Kent, is a Cape soldier seriously wounded in Afghanistan earlier this summer.
Bruce Miller is asking for the city council's support and plans on asking for help from the school district.
He wants to go in school classrooms so children can write letters of encouragement.
"Support is very important. It will help him heal a lot quicker," Miller said.
Hiller plans on talking to Cape Coral City Council next week.
He anticipates the whole project taking up to six months.
If you want to help or find out more information, email Bruce at email@example.com
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage