|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 3:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The University of Central Florida is investigating claims that four of its police officers racially profiled a mixed-race professor just off campus.
Philosophy professor Jennifer Lisa Vest says that the UCF officers pulled her over earlier this month, stating she had a broken tail light. She says her light was not broken.
The professor also claims the officers searched her car without probable cause and kept her from taking her chest pain medication during the alleged incident.
UCF officials would not comment on the investigation but a spokesman says the university considers the review an urgent matter.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser