|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 3:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The University of Central Florida is investigating claims that four of its police officers racially profiled a mixed-race professor just off campus.
Philosophy professor Jennifer Lisa Vest says that the UCF officers pulled her over earlier this month, stating she had a broken tail light. She says her light was not broken.
The professor also claims the officers searched her car without probable cause and kept her from taking her chest pain medication during the alleged incident.
UCF officials would not comment on the investigation but a spokesman says the university considers the review an urgent matter.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption