|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 3:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 12:47 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives arrested two Punta Gorda teens caught stealing a large satellite dish from property at 415 Osceola Dr., (Solona area) east of Punta Gorda. Charged with Grand Theft and Trespass were Vincent Patrick Niles, 19, and Justin Ray Beverly, 19, both of Punta Gorda.
CCSO detectives were alerted by a special camera device put on the property after previous burglaries and upon arrival found that the suspects had left the area. Detectives viewed images that showed a 2004 blue Ford Ranger pickup and license tag registered to Niles. Detectives went to Niles home and located the pickup; they then went to Beverly's home and found his vehicle with an attached trailer. The parts from the satellite dish were found in the trailer.
Niles and Beverly were transported to the Charlotte County Jail where they both remain on $3,500 bond. Niles registered as a convicted felon Aug. 15 last month.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating