|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 3:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 12:42 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - The President will address the nation's students on Tuesday, September 14th.
September 14th is a scheduled Early Dismissal Day for all Collier County Public Schools. High school students will be dismissed at 11:05 a.m., elementary school students at 11:50 a.m., and middle school students at 12:50 p.m. on that date.
The White House has yet to announce the time of day the address will be delivered. If it is scheduled to be delivered during the school district's abbreviated school day, schools will show it, however, parents choosing to not have their child view the address will be given the opportunity to opt out. A Presidential Address Opt Out form is posted online at www.collierschools.com with a direct link in the What's New? area near the top of the home page. It is also posted on the Parents page. Copies of the form may be obtained from any school and from the school district's Communications Services Department via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 377-0180.
Parents wishing to opt out should complete the form and return it to their child's school.
In the event school is not in session when the address is shown live, teachers at any level may show a recording of it at a later time at their discretion, but they must give timely notice to parents or guardians giving them the opportunity to opt out.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand