CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A storage business ripped off by a trusted employee.
Investigators say 58 year old Joyce Rogers cooked the books at Community Self Storage off Chiquita Boulevard for four years after being hired in 2003.
Rogers allegedly pocketed cash deposits and wrote herself checks to the tune of $100,000.
The business' owner says Rogers would alter the balance sheet along the way to avoid being caught by accountants.
"She'd give one report and manipulate it", said owner John Ringland.
Rogers is charged with grand theft and is out on bond awaiting trial.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- FMPD on the scene at Bernwood Cove Apartments
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Fla. Gov. vetoes nearly $400 million from budget