|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 4:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 1:06 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Detectives are investigating how a bag of dynamite was discovered on the side of a Pinellas County road.
Officials say Ronald Knous found the dynamite in a plastic bag on Tuesday, then drove to the Pinellas County solid waste facility, thinking he could dispose of the explosives there.
Police from four agencies were called to the scene, and bomb squad technicians safely detonated the seven sticks of dynamite.
Roads in the area were closed temporarily, and no injuries or damage were caused by the controlled detonation.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling