|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 4:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 1:06 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Detectives are investigating how a bag of dynamite was discovered on the side of a Pinellas County road.
Officials say Ronald Knous found the dynamite in a plastic bag on Tuesday, then drove to the Pinellas County solid waste facility, thinking he could dispose of the explosives there.
Police from four agencies were called to the scene, and bomb squad technicians safely detonated the seven sticks of dynamite.
Roads in the area were closed temporarily, and no injuries or damage were caused by the controlled detonation.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference