|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 4:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 1:04 PM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A New York man was arrested after security officers at Daytona Beach International Airport reported finding a handgun in his carry-on luggage.
The Volusia County Sheriff's Office reports that 46-year-old Alberto Cintron was going through security at the airport Sunday morning when an X-ray machine revealed the gun. While checking the bag, deputies reported finding a silver and black AMT .380-caliber semiautomatic handgun. No ammunition or magazine was found.
Cintron was charged with carrying a concealed weapon. He was released Tuesday on $5,000 bail.
Jail records didn't say whether Cintron had an attorney.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating