|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 3:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 12:36 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - New foreclosure numbers released Wednesday show the number of foreclosures filed by banks rising slightly in Lee County in August.
The clerk of courts reports receiving 864 foreclosure filings in August. That's up slightly from 781 in July, but it's down sharply from July in years past.
In 2009, Lee County reported 1,908 foreclosure filings and in 2008 Lee County had 2,301 foreclosure filings.
So far this year, 8,257 people have received foreclosure notices on their properties.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect