|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 3:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 12:36 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - New foreclosure numbers released Wednesday show the number of foreclosures filed by banks rising slightly in Lee County in August.
The clerk of courts reports receiving 864 foreclosure filings in August. That's up slightly from 781 in July, but it's down sharply from July in years past.
In 2009, Lee County reported 1,908 foreclosure filings and in 2008 Lee County had 2,301 foreclosure filings.
So far this year, 8,257 people have received foreclosure notices on their properties.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt