|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 5:55 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 1:55 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A man is dead after his car went off the ramp for Interstate 75 and sandwiched between two pillars.
Florida Highway Patrol tells WINK News they are not sure why the man lost control of his El Camino. They are interviewing drivers who witnessed the accident around 10:30 Tuesday night.
He was traveling around a bend of the northbound entrance ramp of the Interstate at exit 105.
The ramp will be closed until investigators are through at the scene. However, all lanes of traffic on I75 are open.
FHP says the man died on scene.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing