|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 5:55 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 1:55 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A man is dead after his car went off the ramp for Interstate 75 and sandwiched between two pillars.
Florida Highway Patrol tells WINK News they are not sure why the man lost control of his El Camino. They are interviewing drivers who witnessed the accident around 10:30 Tuesday night.
He was traveling around a bend of the northbound entrance ramp of the Interstate at exit 105.
The ramp will be closed until investigators are through at the scene. However, all lanes of traffic on I75 are open.
FHP says the man died on scene.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean