|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 4:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 1:11 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff’s Narcotics arrested Esteban Burgos, 42, Port Charlotte, after he was released from a hospital for swallowing 10 Oxycodone pills during a drug buy Tuesday.
After two previous Oxycodone drug purchases July 19 and 22, Narcotics detectives set up another purchase with Burgos. The drug deal for 10 Oxycodone pills was in an undercover vehicle at Burgos’ home and as backup units moved in, Burgos swallowed the pills. He was transported to Peace River Regional Medical Center, treated and released, then taken to the Charlotte County Jail.
Burgos is charged with two felony counts of Sale and Delivery of Oxycodone, two counts Possession of Oxycodone, and felony Destroying or Tampering with Evidence. Burgos, a convicted felon, is being held on $17,500 bond.
If you have information about illegal drug activity, please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm