|Published:||Sep 01, 2010 9:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2010 6:22 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Coral City Manager Gary King has signed a memo that will prohibit city employees, with the exception of police officers, from taking city vehicles home.
The move is intended to save the city thousands of dollars and wear and tear on vehicles.
Employees who have been assigned vehicles will only be able to use them at work.
The new rule is expected to take effect sometime next week.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids